The Damascus Fresh and Local Market is a non-profit community farmer’s market operated by a subcommittee of Community Matters (CFD), an independent, 501-3 non-profit organization, seeking to serve the community through education, activities, and community-building. The market is in its third year of operation and provides a venue for local farmers, artists, educators, and entertainers. It is staffed entirely by volunteers. We also provide SNAP to our customers.
We are seeking a Market Manager for the summer of 2014. The market opens in May and runs through September every Thursday from 3pm to 7pm. It is located in the City of Damascus. Compensation will be approximately $1500 for the season. There will be potential to increase this amount based upon vendor recruitment. Details to be negotiated during the hiring process. The Market Manager will be overseen by the market committee.
Duties would include:
- Coordinate with the Damascus Fresh and Local Market committee to help plan and coordinate various aspects of the market such as publicity, signage, entertainment, market organization, and site development.
- Recruit vendors and process applications.
- Design the market layout and assign booth spaces.
- Oversee all aspects of the market day, in accordance with the rules and guidelines of the Vendor Guide. This may include managing setup, volunteers, entertainment, parking and the information booth as well as enforcing rules and collecting fees.
- Complete and deliver to the Treasurer an accounting of all funds collected/spent for each Market. This will be done weekly.
- Must be able to provide own transportation.
- Must be in good health and able to participate in market activities each week.
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a strong interest in community building
To apply: Please submit a Letter of Interest and current resume.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: Damascus Fresh & Local Market
c/o Leslie Shalduha
PO Box 1084
Boring, Oregon 97009
- Phone: 503.929.9482